Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We are expecting!!

That's right! The Anderson family is now expecting a child! No, I am not pregnant. We are adopting!!

Wow....did I really just say that?! Things are about to get crazy!

We have decided to adopt a child that is four years old or younger. Boy or girl - makes no difference to us. Hungary is where we are headed. Yep....Hungary. Who would have ever guessed?? Funny how God works sometimes, sending you places you never dreamed. I had jokingly said to a friend a few months ago, "We think we might adopt from Uganda. We know nothing about those European countries like Hungary." Hah!

You can check out some information about the journey we are embarking on here.

So, why adopt? God really began working in our hearts for adoption long before we ever realized it. First, and most importantly, we have been adopted by God through faith in Jesus Christ. Romans 8:15 "For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" and Ephesians 1:5-6 "In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved." Also, some of you may know, Kyle was adopted as a baby, so it is very personal to us. Next came our mission trip to Haiti. We spent several days visiting orphanages while in country. This is where the Lord really moved us. Countless children, living in orphanages, fatherless. We learned their names. We held them in our laps. We played games with them. We smiled and laughed with them. We cried with them.  We hugged them. We loved them. So now, here we are....adopting from Hungary 6 months later.

We are very early in the process.....we received our official acceptance letter April 5th. I am hoping this blog will be glorifying to Christ and a blessing to you.

6 comments:

  1. Continually praying for you and Kyle my sweet friend! Can't wait to see all God has in store for your family and of course Raylee is excited to have someone to play with! :-) Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, I want to cry, both of you have precious hearts, and my heart goes out for you. You are so right, I pray that God use this to keep moving hearts and Please, keep me updated, I wish I could adopt too, but it is not my time. I'll definitely keep you both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana and Kyle!!! this give me great chills and i´m joining Mei in the crying part but well that´s normal in me... i´m soooo happy for the both well the three of you now, God bless you´r heart and kyle´s and let HIM be the center of you´r new family and let you guys lead this beautiful child into the path of CHRIST!... i love you both and congrats!!! ♥♥♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel blessed to have witnessed the both of you interacting with the orphans in Haiti...clearly something special was happening. :-) I am SOOO extremely happy for the two of you. What wonderful parents you will be. Our God is so full of goodness...his love and faithfulness endure forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hearts! Excited to be able to witness this journey as you begin your family. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you both!!!!!!!! So happy for you both! God is good all the time!

    ReplyDelete